INTRODUCING THE CEDARS' DEMENTIA CARERS SUPPORT GROUP
Sadly, increasing numbers of people care for a friend or relative who has been diagnosed with Dementia. They know that living with Dementia presents a real challenge, particularly when they are the sole carer, and at times may feel very isolated. Some people feel they would benefit from meeting other carers in the same position, in an environment away from their homes and those they care for, so that they learn from and support each other.
The Cedars Surgery is very keen to support individuals who care for someone who has Dementia and is providing a room in the practice where carers can meet regularly for a couple of hours and have a chat over a cup of tea or coffee in an informal, confidential and supportive atmosphere, which takes place on the second Tuesday of every month.
The principle aims of the group would be to:
- Provide mutual support and help
- By sharing experiences and
- Finding different ways of coping
For further information and to register your interest, pick up a leaflet from reception at the Cedars Surgery. Alternatively email: email@example.com
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust Hold a regular Dementia drop in clinics from 2pm-4pm on the first Wednesday of every month at The Riverside Centre, Maison Dieu Gardens, Dover, Age UK in Dover, 01304 216678
If you have specific questions or you would like to pop in for a chat, just drop in to one of there regular clinics, no appointment necessary and they can also give advice on the following.
- Advice on treatment including medication and therapies
- Support and stratergies on how to deal with the condition.
- Ideas to promote wellbeing and maintain activities
- opportunity to discuss the impact of changing relationships and responsiblities
- Signposting and inormation about other services